Monday, September 12, 2011

Meet the Bellevue Full-Time Mentors!

2011-2012 Bellevue Team
The early start-up program has been very productive. Our 2nd grade students like our program, especially students who attended our After School Program last year. My favorite part of our schedule is helping kids with their homework because everyone gets to complete their assignment.
–Full-Time AmeriCorps mentor, Hector Morales


My name is Megan Cockrum and I am a full-time AmeriCorps mentor at Bellevue. I am originally from Modesto, Ca., but have been living in Rohnert Park for the past five years. So far, things have been going great! I have been getting to know the other mentor at my site and I am excited to get to know the kids!
-Full-Time AmeriCorps mentor, Megan Cockrum


Hey everyone! My name is Amy McConnell and I am so excited to be in sunny California. It is very different from Kentucky where I am from. The first few weeks have been so much fun. It has been great getting to know everyone and making new friends. I can’t wait to meet the children and starting working with them.
-Full-time AmeriCorps mentor, Amy McConnell


My name is Sarah Forzley and I biked out to California from the high desert of South East Utah. Besides loving the ocean, the mild temperatures, and all the beautiful food that grows hear, I’ve been getting to know the 4th graders I’ll be working with this year. I’ve also been cleaning up the school garden, sowing seeds from fall crops and scheming up fun ways to let our students get their hands dirty while learning about nutrition. Finally, our CalSERVES team leaders have been training us to be the best tutors and mentors we can be.
-Full-Time AmeriCorps mentor, Sarah Forzely


My name is Juan Pablo Carrillo, I go by "JP". This is my 3rd year at Bellevue; normally I'd have 5th or 6th grade, but this year I started off with Kindergarten and it's such a TRIP! In the past seven days I've dealt with slips, spills, cries, and a fair amount of both stress and laughter. I'm super excited to work with my 6th graders again, once we start regular COOL School. I can't wait for another great year... Wow! It feels good to be a Bulldog!
-Full-Time AmeriCorps mentor, Juan Pablo Carrillo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...