Friday, October 9, 2009

A New Year for Tutoring

Brandi Johnson, 2nd Year Full Time Mentor at Wright Elementary

Last month, we began the tutoring training component of our program. I have to say that I am extremely happy about it, even though it has been an information overflow. After an intense few days of training, tutoring began. I understand what the first year mentors are going through, being that was me last year.

As a first year mentor, you're trying to figure out how to write lesson plans, how to figure out what curriculum you use, and how to communicate with their students. But after everyone sits down with their students for the first time, a big weight is lifted off of their shoulders. That's an exciting moment- meeting my students for the first time! I can't wait until the school year really gets going and we start seeing the progress that our students are making.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...