Friday, May 31, 2013

AmeriCorps Service helps Students

 CalSERVES has After School programs all across California. Programs in Los Angeles have been seeing a lot of progress with students.

Students participate in STEM projects.
An AmeriCorps members serving in LA, Didier Mejia, shared this observation about AmeriCorps  service and the students in the program:

“One of the many students that I had a chance to work with caught my attention with his progress throughout the program. A 6th grader, he is bright kid who was eager to learn new stuff. I believe mathematics is an essential subject one must learn in order to succeed in any career, therefore I emphasized this with my students. He is now able to easily calculate large numbers in his head and works on Math a grade ahead of his classmates.”

A student engaged in learning about Science.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...