Friday, May 14, 2010

Experiences as an AmeriCorps Member

Brandi Johnson, AmeriCorps Mentor at Wright

As an AmeriCorps mentor I have had my fair share of fun and unique experiences. Some of the best come from the chances that I have had to go on field trips with many of the regular day class. Getting to interact with the students in a different environment was the best part if it all. During the many field trips I was allowed to go I visited Tolay National Park, and the Sonoma County Agricultural Fair with the first grade classes. With the kindergarten classes I was able to revisit Tolay National Park. Being able to see the kids I tutor outside of room 16 in a fun relaxed enviornment was a joy. Taking part in these field trips as a volunteer was one of the many highlights of my year here at Wright Charter School.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...