Friday, October 26, 2012

Ms. Y's Secret Blog: A Tribute from the Bellevue Team

The Bellevue Elementary CalSERVES Team

The Bellevue Elementary CalSERVES Team wanted to take a minute to appreciate Yesenia Salas-Chavira, their Site Supervisor. What follows are quotes from team members expressing appreciation for her leadership. Ms. Y, as she is known at Bellevue School, has been serving with the CalSERVES programs for many years, first as an AmeriCorps member and now in her 5th year as a site supervisor.

Yesenia Salas-Chavira, you are one AMAZING person. In a little over a year you have taught me so much about myself and how to be a leader, I wouldn’t know where to begin to thank you. Your zest for life, and your attitude coming into ‘work’ everyday giving it 110% is inspiring. You have built yet another amazing team this year at Bellevue and we all want to say thanks in our own special way! Enjoy your secret blog, and thank you for everything you do for us. Go Bulldogs! Sara Craige, AmeriCorps Team Leader

I appreciate Ms Y for her positive abundance of energy. She can really motivate people and get things going. – Lavonne Toso, Literacy Scholar- 2nd  Grade

Almost a year ago, Ms. Y was frantically running around with a camera at my grandparents' 50th anniversary celebration, trying to take the pictures of all the sons, daughters, nieces, and nephews. I was among them. I hid. But as we all know, Ms. Y is very persistent, hard-working, and she perseveres even through the most challenging circumstances, which has allowed her to become an excellent, probably one of the bests, Site Supervisors in CalSERVES. And of course, she eventually found me at the anniversary celebration. – Alejandro Tinajero, Literacy Scholar- Kindergarten

This is my first year working for CalSERVES and without Ms. Y I would be completely lost. She welcomed me with open arms and has guided me through everything. She is always at 110% and nothing less with her positive and outgoing attitude. Ms. Y puts the COOL in Cool School everyday and her staff and students love her! – Nikki Goeppert, 4th Grade Classroom Leader

Ms Y has been very patient with helping me write effective lesson plans for the kids. She has given me specific ideas on how to make them better. She has also helped my class run more smoothly with the idea of a chore's list so the kids aren't constantly asking to help with different tasks. – Jesse Bevan, 5th/ 6th Grade Classroom Leader

To Ms. Y.: I would like to let you know why I truly appreciate you. I love the way that each and everyday when I walk into room C-3 I know that you will be there always with a smile and a "Hi" and asking, "how are you doing Ms. Candelaria?" When I have difficult days, as well as crying days, you are there with a hug and kind words of encouragement. You are not afraid to be a "friend" and for that it makes me feel like I have been placed well with an amazing supervisor! Much love and thank yous for always being great to me! - Teresa Candelaria, Literacy Scholar- 1st Grade

Ms. Y is a highly energetic person that really knows how to get the crowd roaring. In the first assembly she had the kids screaming with excitement to see how happy they were to meet the new service scholars. It was a wonderful feeling and I automatically felt accepted from Ms. Y's introduction. It made me feel welcome to Bellevue Elementary. And it's very nice how she always brags that I was in the After School program in my younger days. – Endy Valdovinos, STEM Scholar

Ms. Y (soon to be MRS. Y): I honestly don't think there are any words that can describe how amazing she is! As one of my six graders said, "She's the mama lion and we're her little cubs!" We're the best but it wouldn't be this way without Ms. Y! Thank you for everything so far... because we still have a long way to go. –Vicente Sosa, Healthy Behaviors Scholar

Ms Y is always ready to listen and has an open mind. She has such an imagination that always keeps us on our toes. We never know what to expect but it always something great. I love my job because of her; she makes it a pleasure to come to work everyday. Carmen Hernandez, 2nd Grade Classroom Leader

Ms. Y's energy and personality makes this job so much easier and fun to do. I love her positivity; its contagious. I can't help but to want to be around her hoping that some of that positive energy will rub off on me. I know if I need anything, have an issue, or I just plain want to talk to someone, I can go to her. – Gabbi Diaz, Kindergarten Classroom Leader

Yesenia in one of the most positive and energetic people I have ever come into contact with. Since first meeting her over 4 years ago, she has done nothing but encourage me to do what I love and pushed me to become a better mentor and person. -Megan Cockrum, 1st Grade Classroom Leader

Ms. Y is a wonderful Supervisor. She always gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. She is willing to take on any challenge,. Working under her leadership has been and always is very rewarding. She has a great personality. I admire her love for her job and the kids she works with. She recently said something that inspired me-- she said "This doesn't feel like work. I love to be here... if it ever starts to feel like work then I'll know it's time for me to go somewhere else". I found that I feel the same way. CalSERVES is a community, not a job. Ms Y plays a HUGE role in making is as COOL as it is!” – Alejandra Franco, 3rd Grade Classroom Leader


Ms. Y having fun with students.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...